Hello and welcome!
Sometimes it can be daunting to know where to start, this page will show you around.
First off, what do I write about?
I explore social media through the lens of:
- Long-term strategy to avoid getting mired in hacks
- Timeless principles and avoid passing fads
- Metrics that matter to resist the pull of hype and bullshit
- Leveraging psychology and human behavior
- Game theory and user behavior of social platforms
I recommend you sign up for my weekly newsletter. Each week I share new articles, insights, and principles into social media and influencer marketing
Ready to explore? Here are some of may favorite blog posts:
- Brands Don’t Dictate The Health Of The Influencer Economy
- Micro-Influencers Are Overrated
- The Original Hype House
- The Live-Streaming Boom In China Is Massive
- Influencers Say No
Principles of social
The more things change, the more they stay the same.
Whatever new platforms, influencers, or tactics emerge, there are lessons that can be learned. These can be applied from one campaign or platform to the next – today or a decade from now.
I’ve organized these fundamentals of social media and influencer marketing into easy to navigate categories on the Principles of Social page.
I am Partner & Chief Social Officer at independent creative agency Mekanism.
I’ve been working in social media & influencer marketing for 15 years. I was among the first to do influencer marketing on YouTube back in 2006. Over the years I’ve been fortunate enough to have worked on award winning and innovative social campaigns for brands such as Mountain Dew, Unilever, Amazon, and The Olympics.
I was named to the Forbes 30 Under 30 list in 2012 and am a member of Vidcon’s Advisory Board.